TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. About Us
www.billamberg.com (“website”) is a site operated by Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd, a registered company in England and Wales, No: 9604459. Registered Address: Old Sheephouse, Brewham Road, Bruton, Somerset BA10 0JH. Telephone: +44 (0)20 8960 2000
Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, Company No: 9604459. Registered Address: Old Sheephouse, Brewham Road, Bruton, Somerset BA10 0JH.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8960 2000
VAT No 238 7952 61
2. Service Availability
Our site is intended for use only by people resident in the Serviced Countries. We do not accept orders from individuals outside these. Certain restrictions may be placed on the extent to which we accept orders from specific countries.
By placing an order through our website, you confirm that:
1) you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
2) you are at least 18 years old;
3) you are not impersonating any person or misrepresenting your identity
4) you are resident in one of our Serviced Countries and are accessing our site from that country
5) you are purchasing the goods as a consumer. If you wish to purchase any goods for business purposes, please contact email@example.com
4. Opening Hours
You may place orders online at any time. Orders are processed during weekday working hours (Monday to Friday, excluding UK public holidays and company holidays).
If you require a list of company holiday dates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)20 8960 2000.
5. How the Contract is Formed Between You and Us
1. The contract for the sale of the goods by us to you (“contract”) will be formed only in accordance with these conditions. These conditions apply to the sale by us to you of all and any goods purchased through the website or by telephone, and govern each contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions that may be introduced or submitted by you.
6. Stock Availability
We try to ensure that we always have sufficient stock levels of all our featured products. However, because our bags and accessories are made by hand in small batches, it is possible that some items might become out of stock. If that happens, please join the waiting list and you’ll be first in line as soon as the next batch becomes available.
For those items that are made to order, you’ll be notified of the lead-time required at the point of purchase.
7. Colours and Sizes
1. Although all reasonable care is taken in producing the Bill Amberg online shop, because of the colour variations created by different displays and settings, we cannot guarantee that the colour reproduction will be an exact match with the goods sent to you. The natural quality of vegetable-tanned leather also means that there may be slight colour differences between items.
2. Although we endeavour to be as accurate as possible, all sizes and dimensions quoted are approximate.
8. Price and Payment
1. Payment must be made when you place an order. Bill Amberg payment pages are held on Realex secure servers. We do not directly handle (or, on telephone orders, retain) any of your credit card information. Realex will carry out the necessary payment-verification processes and we will check your contact details and the availability of the requested goods on receipt of your order. If we are unable to supply any goods for any reason, we will inform you as soon as possible and provide you with a refund within 5 working days.
2. The price to be paid by you is the price displayed on the website at the time when your order is received by us, except in cases of obvious error.
3. If we discover an error in the price of the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible, providing you with the option of either reconfirming the order at the correct price or cancelling the order. If we are unable to contact you, the order will be cancelled and any payment you have made will be refunded in full.
4. We are under no obligation to provide goods to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after we have issued a Despatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious, unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispricing.
5. We accept multiple payment methods, outlined on our payment help page. Your payment account will be debited only if your payment has been authorised. You will receive confirmation of payment and your unique order number via email. If your payment is not authorised, you may be given the opportunity to try again or use a different payment method. No payment will be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds. Payment may be charged before we despatch your order.
6. The prices for the goods are inclusive of any value added tax (VAT), for those customers where tax is applicable. Prices do not include delivery charges, unless expressly stated otherwise.
7. Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd reserves the right to apply market-specific pricing lists across our range of products. Products may be priced in any currency and at any price that we deem fit.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the goods are appropriately packaged prior to despatch but the packaging of the goods is at our discretion and we have the right to pack all the goods in such manner, and in such quantities, as we think fit and we are not obliged to comply with any packaging requests or instructions from you.
1. Unless otherwise agreed, we will deliver the goods to the delivery address provided to us by you at the time of the order. If it is more convenient for you to have goods delivered to a workplace or another suitable location, please give us this information when you complete your order delivery details.
2. UK delivery times: We will use all reasonable endeavours to deliver the goods within 4 working days of your payment, unless they are out of stock. Within the UK, goods are guaranteed for delivery via our chosen courier the next working day following despatch. PLEASE NOTE that this guarantee applies to the time of despatch and not from the time of order placement. In any event, if we cannot fulfil your order within 14 days of your payment we will notify you and you will be entitled to a refund if you do not wish to wait any longer.
3. International delivery times: For international orders, transit time will vary accordingly to destination; generally delivery should be made within 5 working days of despatch, although customers should allow up to 10 working days for goods to arrive after despatch from Bill Amberg. We ask international customers to note that we cannot be held responsible for delays in transit caused by customs and import procedures.
4. Any delivery dates given by Bill Amberg are estimates only. Time of delivery is not of the essence of the contract.
5. Subject to the other provisions of these conditions, we will not be liable to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (including, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar losses), costs, damages, charges or expenses caused directly or indirectly by any delay in the delivery of the goods (even if caused by our negligence), nor will any delay entitle you to terminate or rescind the contract unless such delay exceeds 90 days.
6. If for any reason you fail to accept delivery of any of the goods when they are ready for delivery, or we are unable to deliver the goods on time because you have not provided appropriate instructions, documents, licences or authorisations:
– risk in the goods will pass to you (including for loss or damage caused by our negligence);
-the goods will be deemed to have been delivered;
-we may store the goods until delivery, whereupon you shall be liable for all related costs and expenses (including, without limitation, storage and insurance).
7. We may deliver the goods to you by separate instalments. Each instalment is a separate contract and no cancellation or termination of any one contract relating to an instalment shall entitle you to cancel any other contract or instalment.
8. It is your responsibility to check the goods for any damage and that they are what you ordered upon receipt and you must inform us of any such damage within 3 days of delivery. If you fail to inform us of any such damage, you are deemed to have accepted the goods.
1. The goods will be at your risk from the time of delivery (or deemed delivery).
2. Ownership of the goods will pass to you when we have received payment for the goods from you in full and the goods have been delivered to you.
12. Consumer Rights
1. If you are an EU-based consumer you are legally entitled to cancel the contract at any time within 14 days, beginning on the day after you receive the goods, under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014. In the event that the contract is cancelled in this way within the cooling-off period, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the goods in accordance with our returns and refund policy set out in condition 15.
2. In order to exercise your right of cancellation you must start the returns process online in accordance with condition 15.7 within the cooling-off period. The goods must then be returned to us in accordance with condition 15.2. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to do so, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
3. You shall not have any right to cancel a contract for the supply of any goods that are personalised or made for your specification in any way.
4. You will be entitled to reject any goods within six months of delivery if it becomes apparent during this time that the goods did not conform with their description in the contract when they were delivered to you. Unless we are able to demonstrate that the goods did conform to their description at the time of delivery, we will offer to repair or replace the goods, or reduce or refund the price of the goods in accordance with condition 14.
5. Details of how to return goods to Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd will be included in your order.
1. If the goods we deliver are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, we shall have no liability to you unless you notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 3 days of the delivery of the goods in question.
2. If you do not receive goods ordered by you within 30 days of the date on which you ordered them, you must notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 40 days of the date on which you ordered the goods.
3. If you notify us of a problem under this condition, our only obligation will be, at your option:
– to make good any accepted shortage or non-delivery;
– to replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective; or
– to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
4. Except as precluded by law, we will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify us of under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question under condition 14.3 above.
5. Nothing in these conditions is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded, nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraud.
14. Returns and Refund Policy
1. Standard Returns Policy
All shoppers based within the EU may return unwanted item(s) by exercising their rights under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (CCRs), as detailed below. We also offer a standard returns policy which covers returns or exchange of any unwanted item(s).
You should return any unwanted item(s) within 14 days of creating a return on the website (see 15.7 below). When your delivery is signed for, the time and date of delivery is logged on our system. Returns outside of this timeframe may be accepted at the discretion of Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd and may only be refunded as a credit against a future purchase. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to do so, we may have a right of action against you for compensation. See 15.7 below for instructions on how to return an item.
You shall not have any right to cancel a contract for the supply of any goods that are personalised or made for your specification in any way.
2. Item Condition
Items should be returned in an unused, re-sellable condition, and with all Bill Amberg tags still attached wherever possible. Returns that are damaged, soiled or altered may not be accepted and may be sent back to the customer.
You may exchange your unwanted item(s) for a different style or colour, based on stock availability. Shipping is free on the replacement item; however you may be liable for duties and taxes if based outside the EU. All exchanges must adhere to the guidelines set out in our returns policy.
4. Receiving a Refund
Your refund can only be credited to the original payment card or account used. For orders cancelled under the CCRs, the refunded amount will include shipping costs. Shipping costs will not be refunded for any items returned under our standard returns policy. If you are based outside the EU, any customs duties or sales taxes will not be refunded by Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd; we recommend that you contact your local customs office. If you are based inside the EU, all sales taxes will be refunded by Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd.
Please allow up to 10 business days for any refund to your original payment card or account.
5. Faulty Goods
Bill Amberg will deem goods to be faulty if they are received damaged, or where a manufacturing fault occurs within six months of purchase. Any items that are damaged as a result of wear and tear are not considered to be faulty. If you qualify for an exchange we will attempt to replace with the same product. If we cannot fulfil this replacement, you will receive a full refund for the item or a suitable replacement.
6. Returning Gifts
Bill Amberg offers a relaxed returns window during the month of December. Any item(s) purchased during the month of December for the purpose of a gift must be returned for a full refund or exchanged by the following 10th January.
7. Cancelling Your Order Under The Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014
If you are based in the EU you have the right to cancel your order and return your purchase with Bill Amberg Accessories Ltd under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2014. The first step in notifying us is to create a return online:
Login to your Bill Amberg account via the Bill Amberg website
Go into ‘my orders’, select the order containing the products you wish to return and click ‘details’
Select the item/s you would like to return explaining your reason
Once the return has been accepted a return slip will be available to print out via the “My merchandise returns” tab in the ‘my account’ screen.
Alternatively, you can call +44 (0)20 8960 2000 and we will create the return and send you the return slip.
You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the goods while they are in your possession. If you fail to do so, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
Any returns should be sent to: Online Returns Department, Bill Amberg Studio, 2 Lonsdale Rd, London NW6 6RD. Bill Amberg recommends that you retain proof of sending in case of a dispute. All items must be returned unused, and in their original condition. You will receive a full refund for the value of your order, including shipping costs, within 14 days of receiving the goods.
We will refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for the goods. Credits for returned goods can only be processed back to the original account used for payment.
15. Import Duty
1. If you order goods from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes that are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for the payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we do not have control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
2. Please also note that you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the goods are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
16. Complaints Policy
1. We are committed to providing a high-quality service to you and value your views, opinions and feedback on any goods that have been supplied to you or the service we have provided. If we have not performed any of our duties to a satisfactory standard, please contact us and we shall endeavour to put right any problems.
2. If the complaint relates to the quality or specification of goods, please refer to our refund policy. For any other complaints, queries or to provide us with feedback, please contact us at email@example.com, or call +44 (0)20 8960 2000. We endeavour to respond within 7 working days of receiving an email, to resolve any problems quickly and fairly, and to ensure that both our goods and the services we have provided are to your satisfaction.
17. Written Communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on the website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that you provide to us electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. The provisions set out in this condition do not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be sent either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at the address set out in condition 21. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in condition 17 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on the website, 24 hours after an email is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an email, that such mail was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
19. Our Right to Vary These Terms and Conditions
1. We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
2. You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order goods from us, unless any change to those polices or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Despatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of your receipt of the goods).
1. We may assign the contract or any part of it to any person, firm or company. You may not be entitled to assign the contract or any part of it without our prior written consent.
2. We may defer the date of delivery or cancel the contract or reduce the volume of the goods ordered by you (without liability) if we are prevented from or delayed in the carrying on of our business due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, acts of terrorism, protests, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to our workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials.
3. If any provision of the contract or these terms are found by any court, tribunal or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be wholly or partly illegal, invalid, void, voidable, unenforceable or unreasonable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) it will to that extent be severed and the remaining provisions of the contract or these conditions and the remainder of such provision shall continue in full force and effect.
4. Failure or delay by us in enforcing or partially enforcing any provision of the contract shall not be construed as a waiver of any of our rights under the contract.
5. Any waiver by us of any breach of, or any default under, any provision of the contract by you shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach or default and shall in no way affect the other terms of the contract.
6. No term of the contract shall be enforceable by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person that is not a party to it.
8. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity and all aspects of the contract shall be governed by English law and any disputes shall be resolved exclusively in the English Courts.
21. Contact Details
Should you wish to contact us about your purchase or these terms and conditions, please get in touch at:
Bill Amberg Studio, 2 Lonsdale Rd, London NW6 6RD.
Telephone: +44 (0)20 8960 2000
22. Privacy and Security
Bill Amberg is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Bill Amberg may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd March 2016.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• contact information including email address
• demographic information such as postcode.
• specific information about your website including root file access details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We will only contact you using the details you provide for reasons directly relating to your purchase of services.
• We will never use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties. We will only pass on your personal information if we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us with your request.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file which can be placed on your computer’s hard drive, the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Provided cookies are not blocked by your browser, our website will automatically deploy cookies on your computer when you arrive at one of our web pages. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We use this information only for statistical analysis purposes to help us improve our website, we never use this information for any kind of marketing or advertising.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. You can easily restrict or block the cookies used by this website through your browser settings, the Help function within your browser will provide detailed instruction of how to change these settings.
You can find more information about cookies at www.aboutcookies.org, this site provides instructions on how to block cookies on all the major browsers and also explains how you can delete cookies that have already been stored on your computer.
You should be aware that most cookies are harmless and restricting them may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit.